Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Two weeks!

I can't believe that Avery was two weeks old yesterday. The time has flown by! She went back to the doctor yesterday to get her weight checked again. She only gained 2oz in a week. She was 6lbs 13oz. The doctor said she is supposed to gain an ounce a day so she should have gained 5 more ounces last week. The doctor wasn't terribly concerned but I do have to take her back tomorrow to get reweighed and I have to pump and feed her from a bottle three times a day. I was not happy with that. I don't want her to have a bottle yet. She doesn't seem too fond of it either. She does good once she gets started though. At least they didn't tell me I had to give her formula. I'm sure they will if she hasn't gained weight tomorrow. Her doctor said that babies born early have a harder time gaining weight so I'm hoping that is all it is.

Her hip ultrasound came back normal so far. She has to have it repeated in 6-8 weeks and have an x-ray at 6 months. She gets her hearing checked on the 7th. I'm thinking she can hear just fine though.

We are doing much better with our days and nights. She has been sleeping almost the whole night in her pack and play. I have fallen asleep with her on my chest in the chair more than once. I fall asleep burping her and wake up and it's time to feed her again. Lol! A couple nights ago she was up most of the night. She had a tummy ache and was really fussy. I'm blaming on the ridiculous amount of pineapple I ate that day since it gave mom a tummy ache too.

Oh! Avery went and saw Santa on Sunday! I will post the picture when I get it on my computer. She looked so cute! It was a lot more difficult than I was prepared for. We waited in line for over an hour and by the time we got up to Santa she was hungry. I didn't want to leave the line to feed her so it took a couple shots to get one where she wasn't trying to breastfeed from Santa!!

I think that's all for now. Love you all!

No comments: