Monday, April 6, 2009

Oprah today

I just got done watching Oprah today. I had to DVR it because Avery has been oh so pleasant this afternoon. It was all about motherhood and the things they don't tell you before you have kids. I have to say, it was refreshing to see all those other mothers talking about their own personal stories. The whole time I couldn't help but think...most of them have HUSBANDS. Yes, I went there. Maybe I'm just being a bitter old hag, maybe I'm just sick of this super clingy baby I've had the last few days, but their husbands seriously don't help AT ALL? Not one diaper change or one bottle? The book they talked about on the show, "I'd Trade My Husband for a Housekeeper" seemed to hit it on the head for everyone in the audience. What if you don't have either? I know, boo hoo quit being a baby but really their husbands have to be of some use?

Yes, I have moments when I wonder what in the hell I signed up for. I have never struggled so much emotionally, financially, physically, and even socially. Would I trade it? Nope. Is it because my child is only 4 months old? Probably. Ask me again when she's a teenager. Maybe it's because I just got lucky and she has been a relatively good baby thus far. I kind of just wanted to say boo freaking hoo there are two of you, figure it out.

This post really has no purpose and probably doesn't even make sense. I'm really bored right now. Avery is sleeping on me, I told you she has been super clingy. This has been the only way I can get her to sleep all day. If I move her she cries. I'm trying to get her nap in because we have family pictures in a few hours. Maybe I'm just a bit bitchy because I'm really thirsty and I have to pee....

1 comment:

anitak said...

I love you Jen...smile :D