Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We're going green : )

Lucky you! You get three posts today!

Our house is making a conscious effort to be more earth friendly. I've been working on this for a couple months, I'm finally starting to feel comfortable with some of the small changes I've made. My goal is to add one new environmentally friendly thing a month. This month was increase my recycling. The last two weeks I have had less than a half a bag of trash. My recycling bin is overflowing and they don't come pick it up until Friday! Yay! Technically I did two things this month. I switched Avery to cloth wipes as well as cloth diapers. Going great. I just throw them in with her diapers, no big deal.

Last month I eliminated paper towels and plates. I still have a few left, but once those are gone...no more. I also made sure all my accounts were signed up for paperless statements. I created a folder in my email to keep all the statements so I don't get those in the mail anymore.

Next month: earth friendly cleaners and watching my electricity consumption. I may add another one next month. I am looking into reusable sandwich bags.

Any suggestions? I would love to hear 'em!

Hope you all are well and Happy Earth Day tomorrow!

Love you all

1 comment:

Lisa Kohne said...

I love that you use cloth diapers and wipes when you can. I always did when I could think of the $ you can save plus who wants to wear paper on their tush all the time.