Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm so over you

You hear that winter? I'm done. Three big snowstorms in a week and a half with MORE on the way? You have got to be kidding me. I detest winter as it is and we've had a record breaking February.

Lovely.

This absurdly snowy winter has renewed my desire to move south, or west, or anywhere that isn't north of the mason-dixon. I want to be WARM.

I read an article the other day about the happiest states in America. I totally get why Hawaii is the happiest state. What confused me is why Utah and Montana are tied for second. Also in looking at the map, why are the happiest states all north? To me north=snow/winter=NOT HAPPY! Perhaps I'm the only one that thinks winter is the devil.

The states with the lowest well-being? Kentucky and West Virginia. Would you like me to tell you how close I live to Kentucky? I can be there in less time than it took me to bake chicken last night.

I'm tired of shoveling the driveway, warming up the car, bundling up, thick winter coats, boots (well boots are cute but not HAVING to wear boots), the chill in the air, and all that white stuff. I miss walking outside in a tank top, I miss putting Avery in her carseat and not having her look like the abominable snowman. I miss walking outside barefoot and watching Avery giggle when the grass tickles her toes. I miss the park. I miss swimming with my little water baby and suntan lines.

I think I have the winter blues......

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ditto. So over winter.

Unknown said...

No, you're right...winter is the devil!