Sunday, February 21, 2010

Modern technology you dirty little minx you.

I believe we've already discussed that I'm technically retarded a bit slow in the technology department. Oh, yes we have. Here let me give you a linky. And who says I don't take care of my guests?

Tonight I set up my wireless printer.

I was surprised that I was able to set it up all.by.myself. Somehow I managed to install the software twice. How does that even happen? Once I got that straightened out I was good to go. Then I put it to the test.

Ya'll, I sat in my living room and hit print on my 2008 tax return (don't move to another state, you have to prove tax returns and all that fun stuff) and when I walked in my bedroom THERE WAS A 2008 TAX RETURN ON MY TABLE.

Knock me over with a feather.

Between the printer and my new iPod Touch I'm welcoming new technology at lightening speed. Okay, okay more like snail speed. Baby steps. I didn't tell you about my new iPod? Ooooo I'm in love! It's just so darn cool. There are apps for EVERYTHING. Period tracker, rock band, sex facts, oh my! Peekaboo farm to keep the Avester entertained when I'm at the end of my rope.

I feel like such a...a...I don't know what. I have a wireless network, a real wireless network, in my house. I have a cool iPod and know how to function it. I have an awesome camera and I'm learning how to take semi-decent pictures.

I'm embracing my nerd.

No comments: