Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mommy got a new toy!

What should be waiting on my door step on Monday when I woke up from my nap?!

If you guessed a Canon Rebel XS you would be correct!

Thank you thank you thank you to my mom, I've been complaining about the state of my crummy point and shoot...oh since the birth of the babe. It came with a kit lens which I'm working on figuring out. All the things I've read say that the kit lens is a piece. I've been browsing other equipment and reading reviews. I have my eye on a 50mm lens. I'm also in luuuurve with this camera bag.

Avery has been a not so willing subject. She wasn't a fan of the point and shoot, she FOR SURE isn't a fan of the DSLR. She's warming up to the idea that mom is a crazy maniac and is getting better.

The first day involved a lot of playing and pressing buttons. This thing is like learning a new language. I took 97 photos. I deleted about 90. lol. There were a couple ok ones.


I think it's going to take me awhile to figure this thing out.

I've had to get most of my pics lately when she's trapped in the high chair so she can't come rushing up to me to be picked up. Bwwwwaaaaaahhhahahahaha.


Drooly Julie. We tried clementines for the first time. She LOVED them and had another one again for dinner. She keeps pointing at them on the counter whenever we're in the kitchen.


Don't worry bananas, she hasn't forgotten about her love for you. We did the same at dinner. She ate, mom played.


Note the clementines...again.

Avery got a new toy this week too. Yesterday we went and picked up a new to us Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Kitchen.


You can see part of it in the background here. She was more curious about mom's new toy this morning.


I'm a sucker for those big brown eyes.


She has the cutest smile, no? The smiles didn't last for long. It was soon followed by:


and


which of course escalated to a full on fit complete with smacking which landed her in time out. She was being so cute at the end that I was tempted to take a picture. Of course she was already being enough of a show boat during time out that I didn't want to encourage it.

Hopefully this will mean the blog becomes more photo heavy.

No comments: