Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top of the mornin to ya!



Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! Are you wearing your green?

I've been on quite the hiatus. I worked Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights. Last night was rough. I was tired, I was cranky, and I REALLY didn't want to go to work. Luckily, or not so luckily, I had a very busy patient so the night went quickly. I only had the opportunity to sit down a few times and felt like I was chasing my tail all night. One thing after another after another. It just wasn't my night. More importantly, it wasn't the greatest night for my patient either. Very sad.

Avery has a tooth or two juuuuust below the surface on the bottom. About time. She got 6 teeth all together around 8 or 9 months and now not a thing since. I was beginning to think she was only going to have 6 teeth forever. At this rate she won't have a full set of teeth until she's in high school. I think molars are going to be super duper.

Tomorrow is the big day.



I get my tonsils out at 10am. I was nervous when I first scheduled the surgery, but now, dealing with my third bought of tonsillitis since January, I'm ready to be rid of them. I've never had surgery, never been under anesthesia. I'm 25 years old, I'm having my tonsils out. Many people have told me about their experiences. When they were 6. Or in 1st grade. Or 9. I'm 25. heh I'm 25. Maybe they'll give me a sucker. Maybe if I'm REALLY brave I'll get a scooby doo band-aid. Is it true that the recovery is harder the older you get? Has anyone else ever had their tonsils out as an adult? I've heard horror stories.

I need to whip this house into shape. I'm waiting on the babe to give up and nap. I doubt I'm going to feel like doing a lot of cleaning tomorrow or Friday and I'd like to have a clean house to enjoy my 13 days off. Yes, you read that right. THIRTEEN DAYS OFF. That tonsillectomy is sounding better and better. I worked 8 out of the last 12 days and I really let some things go around here. I've got laundry started and the kitchen mopped. Truthfully, it doesn't get THAT bad when you're only here for a couple hours a day that aren't spent sleeping. I may go enjoy a green beer tonight. I mean, it's St. Patrick's Day, I'm obligated, not because I'm Irish (I'm not). I am, however, a Ball State University alumni. Enough said.

No comments: