Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Random musings

Y'all I'm just sitting here on the couch waiting for Avery to fall asleep before I get started on this house. And it hit me. She totally is her mothers child. And, I've created a monster. She CANNOT fall asleep if she hears me out here doing something. So, since the day she was born, I sit quietly in my room or the living room until she is asleep then I get up and start doing whatever I had planned during nap time. Sometimes that comes back to bite me because I've lost all motivation by the time she is asleep and don't get up and do what I need to do.

Why has this police officer drove by my house twice now?

I was taking a shower yesterday morning and opted to NOT shave the stubble on my legs because I figured I could use the extra warmth. That's when I knew fall was really upon us. Don't act like you don't do it too, guys don't act like your significant other doesn't do it too. At least I shaved the pits. Plus, there was an almost two year old in the shower with me. It would have been an Olympic sport to shave without ONE of us bloody.

How old is too old for a same gender child to shower with you? We're of the walk from the bathroom to the bedroom naked train of thought over here too. I guess that means we aren't nudists or anything but I sure hope a Jehovah's Witness doesn't show up around bath time.

Nap time to do list:
Switch the laundry
Change the sheets on my bed
Clean the house
Decorate for fall
Write down "photoshoot" locations. (Don't y'all know, I'm a fauxtographer. Snort.)
Get dressed. (I'm still in sweats, it happens.)
Write a blog post. (CHECK...almost.)
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Gussy or Allora (Until this weekend at least.)(Because I love them both too much to be trusted on their websites.)

I'm totally going all Betty Crocker and cooking up a storm this weekend. Pumpkin pie and apple crisp. Hot cocoa and chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes. Mmmmmm.

I just got the urge to take pictures of Avery. It's a cloudy, overcast day and there is a spot that I want to try. Trusting, of course, that the child cooperates. We're out of string cheese, it's not looking too good.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Jen you are too funny! I love reading your blog! You are such a great momma!!
p.s
I am making chicken and noodles tonight with mashed potatoes! I am also going to try my hands at a Caramel Apple Cake. I found the recipe in my food network mag this month! Hooray for FALL!!

TheNextMartha said...

As I'm reading this I think "Please let her have ADD" Also? I didn't see nap on your to-do list. Or is that just on mine?

Jen said...

Can I save this as evidence that I may, in fact, have ADD? For realsies. I want to go to grad school but worry my lack of focus will be a struggle for me. I went on a date recently (you didn't read that mom) and the guy talked about himself a lot. I spent a lot of time thinking about other things. Im not convinced that's abnormal, given the company. Oh, and no nap unless its a work night. That's the only time I get anything accomplished with an almost two year old around.

Thanks Amanda! I love reading your baby Amelia updates and your hair tips have helped me! I wore my hair in that knotty up do thingy once and my friend said it looked professionally done. SHWING!!